Renault at Retromobile: a fan-popular exhibition
Unmissable event for vintage car enthusiasts, Renault is taking part at Rétromobile from February 5 to 9, 2020 at the Porte de Versailles Exhibition Centre (Hall 1, 2 and 3), Paris.
For the first time, the Renault stand (600 m²) at Retromobile will host a participatory exhibition: enthusiasts have chosen 10 of the cars on display from a selection of 40 cars from its collection offered by Renault Classic. A first in the history of Retromobile. Each week via the Renault Classic Facebook page, Internet users expressed their preference via a voting system to create a stand that revealed the wealth of Renault's expertise.
A selection that reflects Renault's expertise
Of the twelve vehicles, three are pre-war:
- Renault Type BY (1910)
- Renault Type LO « Pompier » (1929)
- Renault Vivasport Cabriolet (1935)
The post-1960 cars represent the bulk of the selection and reveal the brand's eclecticism.
- Renault Floride (1961)
- Renault Prototype H (1968)
- Renault 17 TL (1972)
- Renault Torino (1972)
- Renault 12 Abidjan Nice, winner of the "Abidjan-Nice" rally in 1976 (a nod to the 50th anniversary of the Renault 12 Gordini and the Renault 12 station wagon)
- Renault 5 TX (1984)
- Renault Clio Williams (1994)
In addition to this selection, there are 2 cars chosen by Renault Classic from those offered in large numbers by private collectors:
- Fuego Turbo USA version (here again, a nod to this model which celebrates its 40th anniversary this year)
- Primaquatre SAPRAR built by Marcel Pourtout based on a drawing by Georges Paulin in 1939 (still a nod to the 90 years of the Primaquatre)
As a preview at a French show, Nouvel Espace Initiale Paris will also be exhibited alongside the 1910 Type BY travel saloon of which it is the worthy descendant. These two great Renault roadsters are real travelling saloons offering comfort and volume to their passengers.
About Renault Classic
Collection includes more than 750 vehicles that bear witness to the inventiveness and know-how of the firm founded in 1898 in Boulogne-Billancourt. A living collection, it is preserved, maintained and exploited by Renault Classic, which regularly showcases it at exhibitions, trade fairs, historic races, press and television reports and sporting events around the world.